My 5-year-old son is always glued to the video clips of Peppa Pig on YouTube.
I tried to figure out, what makes Peppa Pig so attractive to Kids?
Some major reasons that came to my mind as under :
1. Simplicity: The drawings are simple, not the normal 3D figs, the characters are like the ones as if drawn by a kid. The imperfections help to relate better. Children get a feeling in their sub-conscious as if they have drawn these characters. Even the stories are simple extracts from daily chores of life.
2. Colour: Children love bright colors. In Peppa Pig, all primary & bright eye-catchy colors are used for instance Yellow, Pink, etc. The graphical content also makes it very appealing to young minds.
3. Language: Language is lucid & very well pronounced thereby making it very easy to understand. Even small kids on non-English background find it easy to understand. This is on account of the delivery of the simple dialogue.
Read a wonderful short story @ Kidsplay: A frog in a well
4. Short duration clips: The clips of Peppa pig are mostly of short duration. It helps the kids to concentrate and understand the stories. The kids do not want to spend too long a time on one activity. The Peppa pig videos of short duration help the cause.
5. Funny & Witty: The voices, the nasal sounds of the animals, the laughs of Peppa, George, and others are very funny and cute. The storyline also brings in wit from daily chores which children can relate to.
Synchronized names of characters:
Peppa Pig, Emily Elephant, Candy Cat, Zoe Zebra, Suzi Sheep, Rebecca Rabbit, Dany Dog, Pedro Pony
It also brings in creativity amongst kids and they also get to learn new terms much easily.
Creating something simple is one of the most complex things to do in life. Kudos to the creators for creating such simple yet impactful characters. The top reasons mentioned above make Peppa Pig so attractive to Kids.