How to narrate a bedtime story? Story narration is an art!
- Go to bed with your kids & create an environment for narrating a bedtime story. Some of the major No-No is:
- Do not watch TV before going to bed. Watching TV before going to bed stimulates the brains too much. This activity is highly avoidable.
- Do not watch the mobile before going to bed. To learn more about the harmful impacts, click here
- Choose a simple, short yet interesting story
- Avoid telling stories that are frightening & involve violence.
A bedtime story from Kidsplay: Click here
- It is recommended to tell the name of the story before narrating the bedtime story. This is will the children to recall the story whenever needed
- Ambiance creation: Explain the characters, the scenes in a way so that the kid can visualize it. To make the story more real-life & dramatic, the characters can be enacted by the parents.
- Let the kids ask questions: Having queries on the story & characters would entail engagement from the kid’s point of view. Encourage asking questions!
- End the story with a moral: Initially, the kids might not be able to connect with the moral. But later when it is made a habit, the learning would certainly connect with the story.
- Have fun: Just remember, the objective of bedtime storytelling is to have fun! Fun for both the Kid & the parents. Unless it is seen as a fun activity, it will become monotonous. This is not a period in the school, this is one of the primary habit building activity for your kid. This activity would help in the relaxation of both the parties & generate beautiful bondage for the rest of life. Unless the fun element is generated, it won’t continue for long & either party would lose interest in it.
Photo credit : Picsea
3 thoughts on “How to narrate a bedtime story? (Top 10 ways)”
Wow, that’s what I was exploring for, what a stuff!
present here at this web site, thanks admin of
Good day! I could have sworn I’ve visited this website before but after looking at a few of
the posts I realized it’s new to me. Regardless, I’m definitely happy
I discovered it and I’ll be bookmarking it and checking back frequently!
Do read my latest blogpost https://bit.ly/3yh5XgO
I Will be waiting for more of such feedbacks